Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Everglades


Today I take you to the Florida Everglades.  This was pretty much a quick trip along I-75 and partly along US 41, the new and the old Alligator Alley, respectively. No, I did not see any 'gators, probably because I did not venture all that far from the beaten path. I did see thousands of Egrets, Cormorants, and Anhingas, as well as 2 Burmese pythons, one dead, and one large enough and moving that I decided that it was not in my best interest to get close enough for a photo. Beyond that, I saw only warning signs for panthers and bears. 

As I said, this was just a quick trip so you'll find only a limited number of photos here, but all the same, I am happy to have had the experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This excursion was, by far, the most interesting to me, and exquisitely photographed and described. Just as well to not have seen the wildlife you described, since getting photos could be risky. I loved the untouched array of foliage and wetlands, harboring an untold variety of living things, both animal and vegetable in nature. I wish we could leave it as is for future generations, but human encroachment may have some of it paved over and populated in time.

Bravo, Titus! Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure.