Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Along a Part of Florida's Big Bend

Traveling mostly on FL-361, known as Beach Road through this area, I went from Steinhatchee to Perry along the Big Bend Wildlife Management Area with some stops along the way in a Big Bend recreation area, Keaton Beach, and Dekle Beach.

While I would like to have spent a lot more time in the wildlife area, I was limited by the most predominant life form, mosquitos by the thousands. I could not spend more than a few minutes at a time out of the truck.

All of the towns along the way display ample evidence storm destruction, some of which will not be repaired or replaced.
Keaton Island was a really nice surprise, a fairly quaint little place with a small beach and not a whole lot of people. My photos can be seen here.

No comments: