Sunday, November 25, 2007

Small World Update - Cotton

Answer is Cotton as reported by many...see comments at the end of the blog.


Bert has grown quite fond of a class of trailer that you may not have seen before; it is known as a teardrop. Although I doubt that Bert would every buy one (especially considering that his thoughts have taken him in another direction recently) they are still interesting to look at. Not quite as small is the other camper pictured above, one that stayed here at the Okefenokee RV Park for several days. This was particularly interesting when I saw it depart this morning and the trailer was only slightly longer than the vehicle that was towing it.

The Sunday after Tanksgiving start out as attempt to see a 'Hometown Christmas' that was reportedly (according to the Folkston site on the internet) to be held at the Train Depot in town, but evidently they forgot to do it and instead we took a quiet drive South to a point somewhat beyond the end of the swamp. I know I've mentioned the extent of wilderness in this area before, but I continue to be astounded. Our travels today (about 100 miles or so) was at least 90% wilderness with one stretch of road where we saw no intersecting road for about 25 to 30 miles.

Just a few pictures to view today (I'm sure everyone has had enough of trees and sub-tropical underbrush by now) so...just some shots taken along US1 on our return trip and an easy question - the response will probably have more to do with speed than any lengthy investigation. No, the three shots of some fields do NOT have snow in them. What is it? As revealed in comments below, Tracy was first to respond with Cotton - Standings: Vickie (4), Steve (1), Terry (1), Linda (1), Mike (1), Chris (1) and Tracy (1)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I there. I am now back reading your blogs. I think I have the answer, even though my initial thought was egg shells, I am going to guess that the white stuff is cotton!! I hope I win. I would like to win one question before you guys retire from the trivia.

Ty said...

Lots of responses to this one including Vickie, Roberta, Terry, Mike and Lisa; however, by virtue of the time the responses arrived, Tracy's was the earliest... followed very closely by Terry and Mike.

Anonymous said...

Woohooooo!! Yes, I rock. I am the winner today. Oh yeah! Now I don't have to worry about getting a correct response in first. Wow, what a relief to have that pressure off my shoulders. I can now sleep better at night. I just might go out and buy something for myself as a reward. Yessirree.

Ty said...

Tracy, perhaps you should go out and buy yourself a smarter computer ;-)
Needless to say, I am very proud of you & very pleased to know that you will now be able to sleep better. Now, don't just rest on your laurels - keep at it!