Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The "S" Word

Click here for more photos.
Tuesday morning and we awaken to snow flurries in the air and according to the forecast on TV last night there could be some accumulation in parts of the area (Idaho and into Montana). I know an early morning post is unusual but we're taking advantage of a good connection as we try to get an early start to our day's travels. With all there is to be done in preparing for the day with the Rig it takes a bit longer than what we are used to in getting going in the morning. Part of it is finding things that we've put in places that we would remember (but forget it!) and the other is making sure everything is put away and secured (much like a 'flight check') before we hit the road.


This morning we start from the area of Idaho Falls in an area near the Snake River (the first River that almost looks like one since the Colorado in Laughlin, NV) and we will proceed to Helena, MT - then Great Falls - then on to the Canadian border.


...still having a great time and enjoying all there is to see from the large, wrap-around windows of the cab.
Hello all of you, so far John you are the winner of being computer savy, everyday we look for a comment on the blog and there are none except for yours and Tracy trying to figure out code, So where are all of you who are reading this, we know you are , and we need some outside connectoion to the east coast too. So John thank you so much for letting us know you are still there. Love , MOM
Now on to today, I am setting a fashion statement and now I wearing socks with flip flops, who would have ever thought that we would get snow in May, we did not bring coats except for jean jackets and they do not do the trick with t shirts, maybe when we buy one for ourselves we will have all of the seasons in our rig. Ty said he was very cold last night, I was warm and really do appreciate a good hot flash now and then. I cooked last night for the first time, I made Bar BQ and baked potato's, we stocked up on food yesterday because we are going to be in less populated areas and I decided I can cook if I have to. I hope all of you are doing well and to all the GRANDKIDS Mem and Pop miss you so much. Hey Zac I hear you are driving the Stealth, how is that going? Jess and Nic try to help mommy as much as you can. Ben and Sissy try to give mom and dad a break and wake up at 8 instead of 6. Love you, Mem

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so jealous that you are entering Montana. MT is my second favorite state -- right after PA, err CO (HA!). You are going to see some wonderful sights in MT. Be certain to take pictures of the countryside and share.

I would like to add my weather comments to this blog. Right now it is 2255 (10:55pm; Tracy) and it is 101 degrees F. It is so humid outside that condensation has built up on my windows and I can't see out the majority of them. The high here today was over 110 and the temp continues to climb. It is definitely hotter and more humid now than it was last year at this time....maybe I will lose weight?!? doubtful since all I do is sleep when I come home. :-(

So, there is your weather from the Far East coast.

jp

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't think you guys would have any horrible weather, especially snow. What a bummer. Hopefully by tomorrow the weather will turn and you will have blue skies. You are almost to Canada. You should have smooth sailing in Cananda. Nice flat land. I hope you enjoy the Liard Hot Springs. If you don't stop anywhere else, you need to stop there. What a lot of fun. Hopefully, you have been looking at the MilePost and mapped out some interesting things to see. I am really bummed that you haven't received my other comments. There should be two others, but it isn't working for some reason. I hope you get this one. Have a great trip through Canada.

Anonymous said...

SNOW??!? It's nearly June! Doesn't the whole entire world enjoy spring & summer warmth at the same time?? Kidding... I'm not (quite) that ignorant. Hope you'll have safe driving and not too much accumulation.

As for cooking in the big rig - hope everything works - and make sure the burners are off (and nothing on/near the burners) when you're off driving again. How is the kitchenette for cleanup - is there a dishwasher?

How will you fare for water/sewer/trash hookups in Canada - are there supposed to be campgrounds along the way?

Keep warm!! Talk to you both soon!