Thursday, May 17, 2018

Battleship Memorial Park


After many years of visiting the area and traveling I-10 through Mobile an uncounted number of times, I figured it was high time to visit the Battleship Alabama. The park and displays are entirely created and funded by interested individuals, personal donations, and fees, not tax dollars. It is all quite impressive and must for anyone traveling in the area.

After threes hours of exploring the outdoor exhibits in record-breaking temps, I decided against the interior tour of the ship and the sub but will return again soon.

While surveying the B-52, I had the honor of meeting a fellow Air Force Vet who had served as Loadmaster on these beasts while serving in Guam at about the same time that I had seen many of these aircraft being deployed from Kadena AFB in Okinawa. Photos of just a portion of the displays can be seen here.

No comments: