Sunday, March 2, 2008

Fish Fest at Eagle's Landing


Thanx to a 'care' package that arrived from our Alaska kidz, Tracy and Jeff, today we enjoyed a feast of fish and other goodies with some of our neighbors here in Holt, Florida.

Deb's fishing for Halibut in Alaska a few years ago is a story that's been shared with a bunch of the folks here and so it was only fitting that when the gift of frozen delights arrived a few days ago, Deb decided to organize a Sunday afternoon gathering of about a dozen folks to taste a bit of the shipment. In addition to the Halbut and King and Silver Salmon, there were also contributions of mac&cheese, baked beans, deviled eggs, grape salad, broccoli salad, corn bread, pecan pie and strawberry pie.
It was a perfect day for the event, with 74 degree sunshine all afternoon and just a comfortable light breeze blowing. Deb and Karen fried the Halibut while I grilled the Salmon and others pitched in with the other chores to make it all come together. The meal was superb as was the company and a great (and satisfying) day was enjoyed by all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it certainly looks like you had plenty of fish. Glad you could enjoy it before you start heading back to PA. Before you know it, you will be catching your own halibut and salmon. What fun! We will be fishing most weekends, that is, when I don't have drill or softball. But, Jeff will certainly enjoy the company while I am occupied, so you may get a chance to fish every weekend. Yippee.

O.K. I can't figure out how to choose an identity, so I am going to choose Anonymous. However, it is from me, Tracy, so it isn't so anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Tracy....Thank God you identified yourself...I would have been wondering who was rambling on about softball, drill, fishing, and Jeff. :-)

Incidentally in order to choose an identity you would click "Name/URL" ... you dont need to worry about the URL part.

Ty said...

Hey, thanx for the comment UAEJay! I never bothered to explain the identity bit, thinking it would just get "lost in the mail" - if you catch my drift.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, well I don't think I actually had that option when I originally entered the comment. I see it now, though, so it must have just been a fluke. Ha ha.

Ty said...

Fluke, Flounder, Halibut - all pretty much the same.